My hometown is Edmonton, Canada, but throughout the past years I have been fortunate enough to have been able to call several other places around the world “my home.” All of these cities hold a very special place in my heart, which is why I truly believe that home will always be where the heart is… ❤
(1) JAKARTA, INDONESIA
- Lived here from Feb 2015- August 2015 (6 months)
- Capital city of Indonesia.
- There are about 10 million people living in Jakarta, and over 23 million live in neighbouring districts surrounding the city. This makes Jakarta the 11th largest city in the world!
- Located on the Indonesian Island of Java.
- Indonesia has around 18 000 islands, making it the largest archipelago in the world!
(2) VANCOUVER, CANADA
- Lived here from September 2014- January 2015 (5 months)
- Third largest city in Canada!
- Location of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
- Has three mountains, Cypress Mountain, Grouse Mountain, and Mount Seymour!
- Many movies are filmed here, giving this city the nickname, “Hollywood North!”
(3) KÖLN, GERMANY
- Lived here from September 2013- June 2014 (9 months) + visited in May/June 2016
- Fourth largest city in Germany with a population of just over 1 million people.
- Known as “The City of Churches,” with 12 large Roman churches located within the medieval city walls.
- It is home to a museum dedicated entirely to chocolate!
- The Köln Karneval is one of the biggest street festivals in Europe. In Cologne, the carnival season officially starts on November 11 at 11 minutes past 11am!
- Köln has it’s own special beer, called “Kölsch.”
(4) ZÜRICH, SWITZERLAND
- Lived here temporarily from January 2014- April 2015 (5 months) + visited in May/June 2016
- Second most expensive city in the world to live in ( via. CNN 2016).
- Largest city population in Switzerland of over 390,000.
- Switzerland has four national languages: German, French, Italian, and Romansch.
- Famous for it’s mountains, banks, cheese, watches, and of course, chocolate!