Whenever I’m at home from travelling, I often catch myself daydreaming about when I will be able to embark on my next adventure… Whether it’s looking up flights to random destinations around the world, to reading up on my old travel blog posts, I find that my wanderlust keeps growing more and more each day!
For this post, I’ve gathered up some of the most unique and gorgeous travel inspired DIYs that I could find thanks to Pinterest! ❤
1. Custom Gallery Wall
- I’ve always been a fan of gallery walls in general, but this DIY idea brings it to a whole new level of awesome! Such a perfect way to transform a blank wall by featuring your favourite travel photos in beautifully arranged picture frames !
2. Light-Up Travel Wall Map
- When I saw this DIY from Hazel & Ruby, I knew I had to include it in this post! I think this is such an awesome way to showcase a large world map on the wall, and the only materials you need are modge podge and a string of lights!
3. Passport Case
- This artsy DIY passport case idea is something that I am definitely going to try out before I head off to Asia in the Spring of 2017! Over the past 3.5+ years of travelling off & on, I still have yet to own a passport case… and that is going to change very soon!
4. Map Magnets
- For this DIY, all you need are some mini picture frames, a small map (which you can easily print off), and a couple of coin-sized magnets to glue onto the backs! A simple & cute decoration idea for your refrigerator or your school locker!
5. Tile Coasters
- If you happen to have a few spare tiles lying around, this is the perfect DIY for you! Start by printing off some of your favourite travel shots from your instagram or photo album, and then use modge podge to create your very own set of travel-inspired drink coasters to display on your coffee table!
6. Shadow Box
- Whenever I travel, I often bring home tons of small mementos from my adventures (such as museum ticket stubs, my flight’s boarding pass, and other small souvenirs). By displaying these items in your very own DIY shadow box, it definitely beats keeping all of them in a dusty old drawer for no one to ever see!
7. Postcard Travel Journal
- One of my ‘travel traditions’ is that whenever I go to a new city- I purchase a postcard! After 26 countries I’ve now lost count of how many postcards I currently have… so I thought this would be a super cool idea to repurpose some of my favourite ones to create a totally unique travel journal! Thanks so much to A Beautiful Mess for this awesome idea. ❤
8. Travel Planner & Scrapbook
- I loved DIY Projects’ idea of creating a travel planner using scrapbooking supplies! This DIY offers you a creative way to plan out exactly what you want to see & do prior to your trip! (Also, it’s a good idea for a project to put together AFTER your trip- where you can then customize it to include all of your own pictures & memories inside!)
9. Travel Fund Jar
- This DIY is super easy & inexpensive, and it comes with an added bonus: it will give you even more motivation to save money! All you need for this 5 minute project is a glass jar, a colour photo to put inside (optional), a customized label, and you’re all set to start saving for your next adventure. 😉
10. Luggage Tags
- Make your suitcase stand out! These super awesome DIY luggage tags will make it much easier to spot your plain-coloured bag when it comes by on the luggage carousel!
Let me know in the comments which of these awesome travel inspired DIY projects you’d like to try out! I hope this list will inspire you to do more travelling and exploring in 2017!
Enjoyed this post? If so, please share it and pin this image!
Thank you so much for reading, and Happy New Years! ❤